twenty20 World Cup tickets

I've gone and done it, I've bought tickets for the Cricket twenty20 World Cup in South Africa.

The only time I've ever been to an international sporting event such as this before was the European Football Championships in 1996 and that was in England, so doesn't really count.

A couple of posts ago I raised a few points about the Cricket World Cup in the West Indies and the price of tickets in particular. So, it's fantastic to see that the organisers have pegged the prices down - quite unbelievably so. I've bought seats for 4 group matches and 4 super-8s. 8 matches, including games featuring Australia, South Africa and England for a total of 340 Rand. That works out at around £24.

Well done Cricket South Africa for making the games affordable for all.

I just have to sort out flights and hotels now and then sit back and look forward to a couple of weeks in Cape Town.

References:
Introduction to twenty20 on Wikipedia
Cricket South Africa
Cricket 20

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Focusrite Saffire PRO 24 DSP and Windows 10

Installing Chromium OS on a Dell Mini 9

Commonwealth Games