Omaha, NE

Been a while hasn't it...

Right then, I'm back in the UK again after 12 days in the US. 4 days in Long Beach, CA for work, 5 days in Omaha visiting my cousin, 1 day in LA because I missed my flight and 2 days travelling. Phew.

So, I'll skip over the work bit and move swiftly on to Nebraska. My cousin has been living in the states for 10 years or so, I don't get to see him that often. At the start of February he moved lock, stock, wife and daughter from San Diego up to Omaha. It seemed sensible to pay a visit while I was stateside.

I've never been to Nebraska before, so I was interested to see what this mid-western state was like. I must say, I came away with a really positive feeling about Omaha. The folks up there were real nice, there was none of that Californian pretension. Nice place, I'm looking forward to going back when it's warmer.

Don't know if they had arranged it special, but it was cold up there. Watching the Weather Channel on cable gave forecasts of -1 day, to -8 during the night. It took a little while to sink in that they were talking farenheit. Chilly is not the word!

There are a couple of photos on my flickr site - not as many as I would have liked but standing around outside was not an option!

Comments

Jackson Pope said…
I loved the cold weather when I spent the winter in Boston. As long as you wrap up warm and don't spent 1.5 hours outside on New Years Eve waiting for fireworks it's great - especially for convenient snowboarding and lots of lovely snow :-)
Dave Miller said…
Yes, the cold was manageable because it was dry! Not so many snowboarding possibilities though, Nebraska is pretty flat. :-)

Popular posts from this blog

Focusrite Saffire PRO 24 DSP and Windows 10

Installing Chromium OS on a Dell Mini 9

Commonwealth Games