Sue me, sue me...

So, I see Apple has folded and released a way to limit the volume of your iPod - other than the volume control. (Ref: BBC)

In my opinion, any gormless idiot who doesn't check volume levels before sticking headphone in his/her ears, or is incapable of figuring out that loud music direct to the ears probably doesn't do them any good, deserves to go deaf.

From the BBC: "John Kiel Patterson, of Louisiana, is suing Apple in the US District Court in San Jose, California. He says his iPod is capable of generating more than 115 decibels, a dangerous noise level, and is not safe for prolonged use."

Free advice: don't turn it up full blast you moron.

I have a 100W guitar amp that is capable of far more that 115db, but I don't intend suing Laney if I turn it up too far and damage my hearing (or the brickwork of my house for that matter.) My car is capable of being driven into a wall at 80mph (just) - should I sue Suzuki if I get seriously injured doing it? Using my drill on my head would probably kill me, should my parents sue Black & Decker? If I get run over by a train should I perhaps sue the railways because I didn't realise running on the tracks was dangerous?

Two things at work here I reckon:
- those who are just thick: I've done something stupid, let's blame someone else
- those who are after a quick buck: Apple has money, so let's get some of it.

To cover the former, take all the warning signs off everything and let the problem sort itself out. To cover the second, imprison these people for wasting police/judicial time.

I have no time for cretins such as this.

Comments

Jackson Pope said…
Yeay! I completely agree on this one, the litigation-happy side of American society does seem to be creeping this way.

I'm all for suing someone when they really deserve it, but far too many frivolous law suits are just a way for compensating the mentally under-endowed while lining the (already bulging) pockets of lawyers.

Popular posts from this blog

Focusrite Saffire PRO 24 DSP and Windows 10

Installing Chromium OS on a Dell Mini 9

Commonwealth Games