Alan Shearer testimonial

A brief follow up to my previous post on Alan Shearer.

I watched his Testimonial match last night (surely the first decent thing aired on ITV4!) and I've got to be honest, I was welling. A very emotional event.

I was one of the thousands who turned up on a wet lunchtime in July 1996 to welcome Shearer home, and I still can't quite believe that we won't see Alan in the Newcastle number 9 next season.

I'd like to add huge thanks to Celtic Football Club for coming o'er the border and giving us a very enjoyable game. Especially playing along at the end to allow Shearer, who I'm sure would have much preferred to play the whole game, to score the winning penalty. Yes it was an orchestrated end to the game, but it showed a huge level of sportsmanship and really was a credit to that team. Slainte.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Focusrite Saffire PRO 24 DSP and Windows 10

Installing Chromium OS on a Dell Mini 9

Commonwealth Games