Alan Shearer

I haven't been a season ticket holder as St. James for some years now, but I felt I must say something about Shearer and his retirement from the game.

I was there, outside the Leazes end 10 years ago, when Alan Shearer signed for Newcastle United. I had a very extended lunch and endured what seemed like hours of that idiot Alan Robson telling me what I should sing, just to see Shearer lift his arms to the sky that first time in black and white.

Last week, at the Wear-Tyne derby, we saw that action one last time.

It is such a sad way for Shearer to finish his career, limping off 3 games early after tearing a ligament in his knee. If there was any justice he would have been scoring a hatrick against Chelsea on the last day of this season. Sadly it's not to be.

Shearer has been a fantastic asset to Newcastle and England, a fabulous sportsman and almost impossible to replace.

All the best Alan, in whatever you do in your retirement - it's been an absolute pleasure watching you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Focusrite Saffire PRO 24 DSP and Windows 10

Installing Chromium OS on a Dell Mini 9

Commonwealth Games