At last: a Jaguar for the future

A little while ago, I had a minor rant about the design of Ford's PAG cars. I was not particularly complimentary in places, particularly about Jaguar. At the time, the first photos of the new XK had been released and I wasn't sure about it but, sensibly, decided to wait until I'd seen it in the flesh before going for the jugular.

Fortunate for me that I did. As it turns out, the new XK is a rather good looking vehicle with a welcome, fresh look at interior design. (I.e. no bloody wood).

Of course, such a car is well beyond the financial means of mere mortals such as I, so I must rely on those offerings further down the range. At the moment, there is nothing there that I would consider buying new. X, S and XJ are fussy, throw-back designs that have, quite rightly, not sold well thus leading directly to Jaguar's current financial predicament.

However, the new XF concept has just been shown to the press and boy, what a stunner. It is expected that this car will form the basis of the new S-Type for 2008 - an exciting prospect indeed.

Oozing sporty aggression, it sits there full of purpose. It looks like a modern, luxury sports saloon should and is the sort of design Jaguar have been desperate for for many a year. The design team of Ian Callum and Julian Thompson have taken Jaguar from 1968 straight to 2008 bypassing 40 years of design evolution.

We've known for some time that Jaguar's have got the underpinnings, but the looks haven't matched. Now, finally, we've got something fresh and exciting from the leaping cat. Now, when's that new X-Type coming out?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Focusrite Saffire PRO 24 DSP and Windows 10

Installing Chromium OS on a Dell Mini 9

Commonwealth Games