Alternative browsing

Yes I know, there are a fair few browsers around trying to trump the old beast IE. To be honest, I've never really given any of them a fair hearing, although folks have tried to sway me towards FireFox and the like. However, I saw an article about Flock on Auntie Beeb's website earlier in the week and the idea of a group of techies getting together for a weekend sort of appealed, so I thought I'd give it a go.

It is far from complete, but then it is a developer pre-release, but I must say I quite like it. It seem particularly nice for plugging into tools you use such as blogging (I'm writing this in Flock without having had to navigate to Blogger) and central storage of favorites (on the del.isio.us website) so they are available from wherever - much easier than trying to keep home and work pcs synchronised.

It also seems to know things about RSS feeds, althought I'm not sure what it does with them yet. Anyway, looks nice, loads of potential. Give it a go.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Focusrite Saffire PRO 24 DSP and Windows 10

Installing Chromium OS on a Dell Mini 9

Commonwealth Games