Get em, get those pesky clays...

You may be wondering what the hell that title is all about. Well, it kind of starts with the Commonwealth Games (see earlier post) and the shooting in particular.

You know when you see something on the telly and you go, "yeah, that looks good." Or, "done that before, was fun." And then you change channels, buttocks remaining firmly glued to the sofa.

Well I got that sort of feeling while watching the men's skeet shoot, but this time I did something. I reached for the internet and then the phone.

That's a rather round about way of saying I went clay pigeon shooting on Sunday. Most enjoyable it was too. It's been a couple of years since I last handled a shotgun, but I think I smashed about half of the clays - so that's not too bad.

I think I have a taste for it now, so I'm booked in for another lesson next week.

It'll be gun certificates and so forth before you know it. You know how these things take hold...

Comments

Jackson Pope said…
You're handy with a shotgun? Time to treat you with a bit more respect, sir.

Popular posts from this blog

Focusrite Saffire PRO 24 DSP and Windows 10

Installing Chromium OS on a Dell Mini 9

Commonwealth Games