Clay pigeon shooting: part two

After an entertaining shooting lesson last week, I went back for more...

So, today was shooting lesson number two. Last week my instructor started me off shooting one clay at a time before moving on to report pairs (second clay launched on hearing the first shot.) Today it was straight on to pairs, so your 25 booms go by pretty sharpish.

We moved on to the second stage today: starting with the gun down from the shoulder. Shout pull, watch for the clay, gun into the shoulder, track and bang. I only missed 4 today, so I was well pleased.

I've got to say, Jack is an excellent instructor and has got me comfortable with the shotgun very quickly. His words to me on leaving the range were basically, you've got the basics, get a gun and practice.

Next stop: a gun case.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Focusrite Saffire PRO 24 DSP and Windows 10

Installing Chromium OS on a Dell Mini 9

Commonwealth Games