Film: Man On Fire

Denzil, Denzil, Denzil.... such a talent, what a waste. This film had - somewhere hidden deep, deep inside - a decent story. To be fair, the acting staff did a good job, Denzil was canny as were the two female leads. But Oh My God! What appalling direction, scripting, production, etc...

That's two and a quarter hours of my life I'm never getting back. You know, I don't mind watching a crap film every now and then, but it pains me to see such a hash made of what could have been a good one.

I know I'm usually "don't take my word for it" but, honestly, don't believe the 7.5 IMDb rating: this is toss. Unless you are very, very bored, give this a wide berth.

Comments

Unknown said…
Mental!

I'm one of the people responsible for its high rating on IMDb. Did you miss the bit with the fingers in the car? Did you miss the bit with the painfully-placed bomb? Which film were you watching?!?! ;-)

I admit that Tony Scott is becoming a parody of himself but I think he gets away with it in this film. I've not seen Domino though, that did look like toss.
Dave Miller said…
I detect a slight disagreement here! :-)

Don't get me wrong, there are some good bits and yes, some highly imaginative forms of revenge. It's just taken as a whole, the film was awful. Sorry. :)

Popular posts from this blog

Focusrite Saffire PRO 24 DSP and Windows 10

Installing Chromium OS on a Dell Mini 9

Commonwealth Games